Friday, January 11, 2013

Preview of January 12th art walk featuring Nate Stottrup.

Here is a preview of some of the works by Nate Stottrup we will be featuring Tomorrow at Annie's Art and Frame for our January 12th Art Walk from 6 to 9pm. You can view more works by Nate at www.natestottrup.com. and deadendpress.org/about/origin-story/nate-stottrup.

Nate Stottrup


 BIO: I grew up on a pig farm in Litchfield, Minnesota. I discovered comic books in first or second grade and became obsessed with Marvel comics. I have a poor sense of smell. I think texture is the most important quality in food. I live in Ravenna with two awesome roommates and a one-eyed cat.
RESUME: I studied printmaking, illustration and sculpture at Minnesota State University, Moorehead. I created mock-ups and prototypes for Screenlife, a board game company in Seattle. And also designed a board game which was later re-licensed as the less-than-thrilling Dilbert, Escape from Cubeville. I have been a member of Ballard’s printmaking community since 2004 and have shown work throughout the city, state and country. I also illustrate book and album covers, posters, t-shirts and packaging.  In January 2012, The Swamp Wampa, the first e-book featuring my illustrations was released.
MEDIUM/PROJECTS: I am printing away like a rabid hamster inbetween freelance illustration gigs and running Dead End Press.
ARTIST STATEMENT: For me, the most important aspect is to be open to what the image or the work wants to become.  It may become a wave moving across the surface of water, the small random cracks that occur in a desert landscape, the smooth yet pointed contradiction of a thorn, or the lonely oppression of monsters.
INFLUENCES: Paul Simon, Steve Jobs, Kaethe Kollwitz, Michael Barnes, Superman, The Phantom Tollbooth, Shel Silverstein, Edward Gorey, Dr. Seuss, Bruce Springsteen, Alberto Giacometti, Deborah Mae Broad and my parents.
HOBBIES: Throwing pennies in a cup from the couch. Chess. Tennis and raquetball. Random walks around the neighborhood at night with strangers. Video games.


The Little Newt $20
 

$20

Arrival 4th State 2nd Edition $20

Ballard $20

New Headsm $20

The Green Zone $20
 
Zombie Thomas Jefferson $20
 A link to our FaceBook events page for more information http://www.facebook.com/events/461242470602769/.

No comments:

Post a Comment